Bunkhouse Ty Wern is in the heart of the Welsh valleys. The accommodation is situated on the Taff Trail which is a well known cycle route in Merthyr Tydfil. We are just opposite Merthyr RFC also know as the Ironmen.
We are located approximately 2 miles from The Bike Park Wales or a 5 minute bike ride, and approximately 8 miles from Pen y Fan and the Brecon Beacons National Park. Brecon Mountain Railway is approximately 1 mile and we are in walking distance of Cyfarthfa Castle, which dates to 1824, Cyfarthfa Retail Park, Rhydycar Leisure Park and Merthyr Tydfil bus & train station. Cardiff our capitial city is a 30 minute drive away on the A470.
Bunkhouse Ty Wern Accommodation sleeps up to 10 people consisting of:
- Living Room with Kingsize Sofa Bed
- Sleeping area with 3 sets of single bunk beds
- Bedroom with a double bed & cot
- 2 shower rooms
- Free WiFi access and flat-screen satelite TV
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Disabled access
- Outside Bar B Q and patio area
- Private on-site parking covered by CCTV
- Secure lock up
- Iron & ironing board on request
- Towels & bed linen
- Fridge & Freezer
- Induction hob cooking appliance & microwave
- Complimentary Welsh Cakes
This is an ideal retreat for visitors to enjoy walks, cycling, hiking, fishing, canoeing and adventure activities. Perfect for groups and families to spend quality time together. Minimum stay is 2 nights
No pets are allowed, except for guide dogs.
The bunkhouse should be vacated by midday on day of departure and will be available from 3.00pm on day of arrival. Deposit at time of booking over phone will be required.
Weekend bookings: Friday - Mon. Weekdays (min 2 nights) Monday - Thursday.